BIDS App for longitudinal dataset

I was looking at running my longitudinal dataset through the BIDS app, however it throws an error for no fmap directory. I presume that this is because it is looking in sub-xxx/ for fmap, rather sub-xxx/ses-xx/. Is there a way to get it to look in the right spot?

Hi Adam,

I’ve not yet made the necessary changes to the script in order for it to properly identify and process multiple sessions within each subject.

The easiest way to get around it is to simply turn each session into its own subject within the BIDS structure.

Rob

Dear Rob,

Thank you and the rest of the team for all the efforts. I just wanted to follow-up whether you had to implement these changes?
Many thanks!

Best wishes
Xenia

Hi Xenia,

I have a bunch of changes in the development branch of that tool, including more robust parsing of the input BIDS dataset in order to identify more complex hierarchical structures. It won’t actually do anything clever in terms of interpreting longitudinal data as such, it just enables the script to identify multiple sessions within a subject and load / save the data accordingly.

While I did a brief spree of changes there, my focus had to be directed elsewhere, so I will probably delay committing those changes as a new version until after the MRtrix3 release occurs, at which point this external tool will be updated accordingly (along with some other bonuses).

Rob