Transferring an atlas to FOD template space

Hello all,

Is there a procedure to register a parcellation atlas like this to a FOD template created by population_template command?

Thank you,
Mahmoud

Hi,

I think the best option you have is to parcellate all your subjects involved in the template, and then use the calculated transformation to propagate each subject labels to the atlas space and finally apply some rule (like majority voting) to combine your labels.

Best regards,

Manuel

Thanks for your response, Manuel.
The problem here is that my cohort is in 0-6 months age range and I don’t know a suitable and publicly available tool to perform parcellation on my individual data. I know DrawEM is used for neonates and there is a beta version of InfantFS (freesurfer) but as I said I’m not sure that they perform well on my cohort. Please let me know what you think.

Hi,

From the atlas you mentioned is it possible to obtain the 10 manually parcellated subjects, contacting the authors, then you can use that subjects to do a multi-atlas parcellation, take a look to the antsjointlabelfusion.sh script (from ANTs) that was designed for this purpose. This works perfect for the neonates but I’m not sure for the older babies, but as ants is very good with very large deformations, I think is worth it to give it a try. Also take a look to this paper https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/544304v1 I think the method will be available once it’s published.

Best regards,

Manuel