Frozen fixelcfestats?

Dear MRTrix experts,

I am trying fixelcfestats command (v 3.0_RC1-77-g287865da) with debug option in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. In creating image “stats_fdc/tvalue.mif” step, when it shows “[DEBUG] image stats_fds/tvalue.mif unloaded”, the command appears to be frozen. The CPU is working but the command does not show anything else (and it have been working all weekend). Finally, I have to stop it with Ctrl+C.
What could be happening?

Best,

José

Hi Jose,
What is your RAM usage like before it freezes? It could be maxing out then slowing down when having to use SWAP.
Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

When the command shows “[DEBUG] image stats_fds/tvalue.mif unloaded” my RAM usage remains constant around 28% and one of my CPU cores is always working at 100%. So, I do not think there is lack of RAM memory. Moreover, I am running it with only two subjects (it is not a real analysis, I just wanted to test the command)

Best regards,

José

OK, the fact that you’re running it with only two subjects will be precisely why it’s hanging. It’s trying to generate 5,000 unique permutations, from only two subjects. Therefore it’s going to be stuck indefinitely: Every time it generates a new permutation, it detects that that particular permutation already exists (since there’s only two possible), discards it, and then tries again. You need at least 7 subjects to get 5,000 unique permutations.

Oh, ok, thanks! :slight_smile: I thought the number of subjects could be a cause, that is why I said it.
I’ll test the command with more subjects.

Best regards,

José