Structural connectome visualization

I would like to know if there is a way to view the structural connectome in 3D. Like you can see the functional connectome in any type of study.

Welcome Rene!

There’s a connectome visualisation tool within mrview; there’s some documentation on it here, though it would admittedly benefit from some exemplar screenshots (as would much of our documentation unfortunately). It won’t have the same set of features as other software that is more specifically tailored to such, but within the range of what it can do there’s a good amount of flexibility. There’s also nothing stopping you from taking connectome data generated using MRtrix3 commands and visualising it using other software; it’s just a numerical 2D matrix in the end.

Cheers
Rob

I know very little as to visualizing the connectome I have tried mrview but I cannot see the regions of gray matter connected with their white matter. I just see a 2D image with lots of dots and not the 3D. If you think it is easier in another visualization tool and you can name them please I would be very thankful.

If you can see an image with lots of dots, then you have most likely initialised the tool successfully, and are simply looking at a 2D projection of the 3D data. Activating ortho view mode, or rotating the camera position, should expose the 3D nature of the data.

thank you so much!