Configure error seems qt problem

Checking for Qt:
ERROR: unexpected error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/tmp/tmpk_1or50z/Makefile.Release’

See the file ‘configure.log’ for details. If this doesn’t help and you need
further assistance, please post on the MRtrix3 community forum
(http://community.mrtrix.org/), and make sure to include the full contents of
the ‘configure.log’ file.

Friends, this is the error I am getting in configuring mrtrix3, any suggestions in getting rid of it is highly appreciated. I thought it could be qt problem, so I installed qt5 again as below.

pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5
pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-qt-installer-framework

But with this also it is not solving the issue. where it is going wrong please help, I am using msys2.

This looks like the same problem as reported a couple of days ago here and on GitHub. I’m about to look into it, we’ll hopefully have a fix within the next few hours…

In the meantime, I’ve suggested a workaround on the GitHub issue – though I’ve not had confirmation as to whether it actually works. But feel free to give it a try in the meantime.

OK, problem fixed and merged to master in this pull request. Try pulling in the latest changes, hopefully that’ll fix the issue:

git pull
./configure
./build

Thanks jdtournier, it is working now.

1 Like

@jdtournier it is creating problem again. I am trying git clone the latest version of mrtrix3, and trying to build, but it shows wrong Qt version. specially rcc problem. Qt rcc not found it is showing. Can you tell which command and version of Qt should I be using. Do you have a link of the right Qt patch ?

Can you tell me which version of Qt is good for the latest mrtrix3 in github.? can you give me a link of that version? I used.

wget https://www.mrtrix.org/msys2/mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5-mrtrix-5.13.2-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
pacman -U mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5-mrtrix-5.13.2-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

I’ve literally just come across the same problem myself… I’ll push a quick fix to master in a minute. It’ll take a while to go through testing though. In the meantime, you could just checkout the changes I’ve made and see if that works:

git fetch
git checkout fix_configure_qt_error_on_MSYS2
./configure
./build

it is not working I am getting this set of error while configuring, I did

git fetch
git checkout fix_configure_qt_error_on_MSYS2
./configure

errors

$ ./configure
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./configure", line 154, in <module>
    sys.exit (subprocess.call ([ python_cmd.decode(errors='ignore') ] + sys.argv))
  File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 172, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 644, in _execute_child
    startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Please let me know what is the remedy for this errors.

This looks like a different issue. It looks like you’re using a completely different python version, not the one available through MSYS2. It won’t work with any other version.

The most likely thing is that you’ve either recently installed a standalone version of python, which has added itself to the system PATH, or you’ve modified the PATH yourself to include that location. Alternatively, you’re not using the terminal with the MinGW 64-bit shell to run this command (nothing will work outside of that shell). Whatever you’re doing, it’s not what you were going before – it’s not even getting to the bit of the script that I modified…