Converting FD, FC and FDC from fixel to voxel space

Hi MRtrix3 Experts,

I’m trying to convert FD, FC and FDC from an FBA analysis into voxel-wise maps so that they can eventually be compared with other voxel-based diffusion measures.

I found the previous discussions on fixel2voxel, and my understanding is that voxel-wise FD can be obtained by summing the FD of multiple fixels within a voxel.

For a test subject, I tried:

fixel2voxel fd.mif sum FD_voxel.mif

This gives me FD in the population-template voxel space.

What I’m mainly unsure about is what should be done after this if I want the final maps in the same standard/MNI space as my other diffusion measures.

Would it be appropriate to:

template fixels
→ fixel2voxel
→ template voxel map
→ warp back to subject space
→ resample to the subject’s native DWI/FA grid
→ apply the existing FA-derived TBSS transformation

Or, since the FBA measures are already in the population-template space, would it be better to register the population template to MNI and transform the voxelized maps directly to MNI space?

I also wanted to clarify two related points:

For FC, is an FD-weighted mean of log(FC) the recommended way to obtain one value per voxel?

For FDC, what is the recommended fixel-to-voxel operation when there are multiple fixels within a voxel?

And finally, is it reasonable to apply TBSS skeleton projection to voxelized FD/FC/FDC, or would that change the interpretation of these FBA-derived measures in a way that makes this approach inappropriate?

I wanted to confirm the correct approach before proceeding further.

Thanks!