I am trying to install mrtrix on Fedora 27 but it gets stuck while ./configure:

ERROR: error linking Qt application!

See the file 'configure.log' for details. If this doesn't help and you need
  further assistance, please post on the MRtrix3 community forum
  (http://community.mrtrix.org/), and make sure to include the full contents of
  the 'configure.log' file.

The log returns:

EXEC <<
CMD: clang++ -Wl,--sort-common,--as-needed -pthread -lz -ltiff -lfftw3 qt_moc.o qt.o -o qt -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc -Wl,-rpath,/opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib -L/opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib -lQt5Svg -lQt5OpenGL -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread
EXIT: 1
STDERR:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Svg.so when searching for -lQt5Svg
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Svg
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib/libQt5OpenGL.so when searching for -lQt5OpenGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Widgets.so when searching for -lQt5Widgets
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Gui.so when searching for -lQt5Gui
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/Qt5.2.1/5.2.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Core.so when searching for -lQt5Core
clang-5.0: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

So I have tried to dnf install lQt5Svg lQt5OpenGL lQt5Widgets lQt5Gui lQt5Core but they appear not to have a match in the repositories… Any suggestion about this?

Many thanks!

Sara

Ok, chances are you’ve got 32 bit versions of Qt5 installed, but you’re trying to build a 64 bit version of MRtrix3 (the default, and highly recommended). I’ve no idea where you got this version of Qt from, but it’s not installed in a standard location, so I’m guessing this is not the officially-supported package. If you’re trying to install Qt through Fedora’s official package management, then as far as I can tell (I’ve never used Fedora myself), the packages you’re looking for are qt5-qtsvg, etc. Hopefully if you install these, things will work out as expected…