Error with ./configure : Error Linking QT applicaiton

Dear Mrtrix3 Users,

I had a problem with the ./configure command while running the Mrtrix3 installation on my linux pc running Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (64 bit). I read through all the older posts of people facing the same problem, and tried all the recommended steps. As a last ditch effort, i also tried to understand whether there was a problem with the symbolic links in my PC, which i couldn’t really grasp . I’m including the error in this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

EXEC <<
CMD: g++ -Wl,–sort-common,–as-needed -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lz qt_moc.o qt.o -o qt /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5OpenGL.so /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5Svg.so /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5Widgets.so /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5Gui.so /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5Network.so /home/visualdbs/fsl/lib/libQt5Core.so -L$(CONDA_BUILD_SYSROOT)/usr/lib64 -lGL -lpthread
EXIT: 1
STDERR:
/home/visualdbs/fsl/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/12.3.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

ERROR: error linking Qt application!

See the file ‘configure.log’ for details. If this doesn’t help and you need
further assistance, please post on the MRtrix3 community forum
(http://community.mrtrix.org/), and make sure to include the full contents of
the ‘configure.log’ file.

thankyou!

Hi @Abhi,

This sounds suspiciously similar to this previous post… Hopefully the instructions in that thread will help.

All the best,
Donald