Improved mrview.app mac app bundle

Hi guys,

at the moment, the mac app bundle mrview.app that is shipped via https://www.mrtrix.org/download/macos-application/ (btw, very handy!) does not allow opening files from the Finder if the path-to-the-file contains spaces. To fix this, it just suffices to edit the file mrview.app/Contents/document.wflow at line 62 from <string>...mrtrix3/bin/mrview $1</string> to <string>...mrtrix3/bin/mrview "$1"</string>.

Hope this helps!
Ale

3 Likes

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your feedback! I am a bit puzzled by your suggestion since our binary package does not contain any .wflow files… (see GitHub - MRtrix3/macos-installer: Scripts to create installer for macOS)

.wflow seems to be associated to Automator. I have no clue how such a file could end up in the MRview application bundle… is this something that macOS did on itself?

Hi Ben,

I tried to uninstall and re-install everything as described in the link you posted, and indeed now I see an application bundle named MRView.app in /Applications (during previous install attempts, this link was not created, likely because I already had an old mrview.app in the same folded). Most probably, but I don’t remember well, I had made this app bundle with Automator long time ago and the install script didn’t overwrite it (and I assumed it would). So, sorry for the spam, forget my post!

Cheers,
Ale

1 Like