Installation Error of MRtrix3Tissue

Dear MRtrix experts,

Hi, hope you’re having a nice day.

I’ve confronted some errors installing MRtrix3Tissue while following the ‘Quick Install’ Guide ([Install and update | MRtrix3Tissue]) - i ran this:

./build

and got several blocks of these.

Error looks like the following:

ERROR: ( 26/506) [CC] tmp/core/formats/xds.o

clang++ -c -std=c++11 -DMRTRIX_BUILD_TYPE=“release version” -DMRTRIX_MACOSX -fPIC -mmacosx-version-min=11.2 -DMRTRIX_WORD64 -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -Isrc -I./core -Icmd -idirafter /usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3 -DEIGEN_DONT_PARALLELIZE core/formats/xds.cpp -o tmp/core/formats/xds.o

failed with output

In file included from core/formats/xds.cpp:17:
In file included from ./core/file/ofstream.h:24:
./core/types.h:326:9: error: redefinition of ‘Vector3’ as different kind of symbol
using Vector3 = Matrix<MR::default_type, 3, 1>;
^
/usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h:541:1: note: previous definition is here
EIGEN_MAKE_TYPEDEFS(3, 3)
^
/usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h:523:67: note: expanded from macro ‘EIGEN_MAKE_TYPEDEFS’
template
:…skipping…

ERROR: ( 26/506) [CC] tmp/core/formats/xds.o

clang++ -c -std=c++11 -DMRTRIX_BUILD_TYPE=“release version” -DMRTRIX_MACOSX -fPIC -mmacosx-version-min=11.2 -DMRTRIX_WORD64 -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -Isrc -I./core -Icmd -idirafter /usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3 -DEIGEN_DONT_PARALLELIZE core/formats/xds.cpp -o tmp/core/formats/xds.o

failed with output

In file included from ./core/file/ofstream.h:24:
./core/types.h:326:9: error: redefinition of ‘Vector3’ as different kind of symbol
using Vector3 = Matrix<MR::default_type, 3, 1>;
^
/usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h:541:1: note: previous definition is here
EIGEN_MAKE_TYPEDEFS(3, 3)
^
/usr/local/Cellar/eigen/3.4.0/include/eigen3/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h:523:67: note: expanded from macro ‘EIGEN_MAKE_TYPEDEFS’
template
^

I’ve also tried downloading MRtrix3Tissue-3Tissue_v5.2.9.zip, and configuration went fine - but again, when I tried to run the ‘build’ code, I got the following error:

no “cmd” folder - unable to determine default targets

although I see the “cmd” folder.

What would the problem be?
Thank you for your help in advance, have a nice day.

Best regards,
Sujin

Hi Sujin,

This error relates to conflicts with the latest version of Eigen (version 3.4) – more details on this issue. We have recently merged the fix for this to our master branch, but that’s not what you’re using here…

Unfortunately, the software you’re trying to install is an independent project, forked from MRtrix3 some time ago. As such, you should probably contact the maintainers of that project to get help with this particular issue.

All the best,
Donald