Installation issue: grep recursive search

Hi all,

I’m helping a new student install Mrtrix on their system, and we’re running into an issue during installation. We are following the application package installer process, and running into an issue early in installation. See below for an image of the output we’re seeing:

The process then hangs on this grep stage indefinitely.

So far, we’ve updated our python installation which had no effect. Is this a permissions issue, or something to do with the computer’s file system? I’m not clear on what type of process is happening during the ‘Fixing python shebang’ step, so it’s hard to troubleshoot why grep is hanging. I am happy to provide any additional information for clarification as needed.

Thank you for your time!

I have not encountered this problem before. What version of macOS are you running?

The issue is unrelated to your python version but happens during the installation script (which is a bash script) at this line:

The installation script indeed used a grep syntax not supported in older macos installations. I have just pushed a fix, please rerun the installation.

Thank you very much for looking into this! Our student re-ran the installation and encountered no further issues.