Inter-subject normalisation using mu

Hello,
In my analysis, I have calculated the SC using the “tcksift2” command and subsequently multiplied the streamline weights by a proportionality coefficient (mu). I read this paper titled “Quantitative Streamlines Tractography: Methods and Inter-Subject Normalization,” where different methods for calculating mu have been discussed.
I am confused about which equation is utilized to calculate mu in the “tcksfit2” command. Is the adjusted mu used in this calculation?
If not, please suggest how to calculate the adjusted mu for comparing SC across participants.

Regards
Pratika

I still need clarification on the above query.

I will be very thankful for the reply.

Hi,

I’m not an expert on this, but I think the mu you obtain from tcksift2 is the one you are looking for. So you can build your connectome with the sift2 weights and then multiply it by mu (basically what you are already doing).

Best regards,

Manuel

1 Like

Hey @mblesac

Thank you for the reply. I would like to know if there is a difference between the “mu” provided by the “tcksift2” command and the adjusted “mu.” If they are different, how can I calculate the adjusted “mu” to compare the structural connectivity (SC) across subjects?

Regards
Pratika