Minor issue with MRview

Hi everyone,

I have a minor issue with MRview; when I open it up, the toolbar often isn’t displayed. Then when I click on it it shows up but with what I would describe as an old-school linux appearance (see the attached screenshots). Is this normal? Easy to live with it but just thought you would like to know.

lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Best wishes & hope you all are well
Heath

!

Hi Heath :wave:

I assume you’ve got an up to date installation of MRtrix3, so that normally the menubar shows up with the help and tool menus to the right? If so, that is indeed a bit strange… But it does sound similar to an issue I’m facing on my Windows installation, where the menubar doesn’t show up at all, unless the whole thing is run in fullscreen mode. Although mine happens all the time, while your sounds intermittent?

Is anyone else is facing similar issues? If so, please say so now, and I’ll try to prioritise.

In addition to your own issue, I’ve had an absence of Qt icons in the menubar on one of my Windows machines for some time now & never found a fix. I’ll do a wipe & clean installation and see what happens…

Hi Donald,

I was using an older version of mrtrix but just wanted to confirm that my missing menubar issue persists with the most recent version (as of a week ago). The menu shows up if I click on one of the menu items.

Best wishes
Heath

Just echoing what I reported on GitHub: For me, downgrading from Qt5 to Qt4 solved my particular issue. I’d be curious to know whether or not this would affect your issue at all, since that would provide evidence as to whether we have a more fundamental compatibility issue with Qt5 or whether it’s more likely that my particular issue is a specific incompatibility with Qt5 on Windows.

Confirmed for me too – good get!

@hpardoe (or whoever else this might apply to), these commands should allow to you remove Qt5, install Qt4, then re-configure and build MRtrix3 – and hopefully solve your problem (until we find a better long-term solution):

pacman -Rcs mingw-w64_x86_64-qt5
pacman -Syu mingw-w64_x86_64-qt4
./configure
./build