Parcellation without colors in mrview

Hi all

I’m trying to parcellate connectome using a my own atlas. I’ve followed the BATMAN tutorial for this. My parcellation is originally derived from HCP data and labels look as they should in wb_view. However when I open the final parcellation in mrview only subcortical regions are seen while the entire cortex is black (only subcortical structures are visible). What could have caused this?

Best
Magda

Hi @magda_brahe, and welcome!

What intensity values are present in the parcellation, and did you change the view options to include the full range of intensities?

Best,
Steven

Hi and thank you for your reply! I played around with the intensity but cortex remains black. I’m not allowed to attach anything but the first seven labels have the following color LUT values

1 LABEL_1 71 150 232 0
2 LABEL_2 62 100 77 0
3 LABEL_3 18 96 243 0
4 LABEL_4 95 240 15 0
5 LABEL_5 232 189 193 0
6 LABEL_6 223 46 193 0
7 LABEL_7 122 17 255 0

Labels as well as colors have all been created using wb_command (it’s also HCP data)

Thanks!
Magda

Hi @magda_brahe,

What kind of file is your parcellation? Maybe you can send me a google drive link so I can see if I can view it in my end.

Best,
Steven

Hi again. Since I followed the BATMAN tutorial with a production of several intermediate files I have it as dscalar, dlabel, .annot, .mif, .mgz… Which one should send?

When I run
labelconvert my_parc.mif no my_parc.txt my_parc.txt my_parc_parcels_nocoreg.mif

I get

labelconvert: [WARNING] Unexpected values detected in input image; suggest checking input image thoroughly

I’ve tried parcellating the data with HCP-MMP1 and that finishes succesfully.

Best
Magda

Hi @magda_brahe,

Mrview will only work with nifti and MIFs out of those file types, so you can send one of those.

Best,
Steven

Hi @magda_brahe ,

I had a similar issue before. The possible explanation for the “dark” cortex can be a few labels have a bizarre extremely high value. You can play around with intensity or use a limit. However, this means there is a problem with your labels. Of course, you had to be sure look-up tables were provided correctly.

In my case, labelconvert on the high-performance cluster was the reason -and I couldn’t find a fix- and it was resolved when I used labelconvert on my machine. You can also try with another MRtrix version (3.0.3?).

Best,
Amir