Question about the whole-brain FBA: how to identify which tracts are the significant fixels belong to?

Hi, @jdtournier

I followed the FBA-multi-tissue tutorial and completed the whole workflow. And then I displayed the results with streamlines . Now, I can see where are my significant fixels are, but I don’t know the name of these streamlines, how can I identify which exact tracts are these streamlines belong to? Is there any tool similar to the Atlases in fsleyes in MRview that can help me locate? Or there are other ways can help me?

And in order to compare with TBSS, I aligned my study-specific template with MNI. In this case, can I overlap the index.mif on the JHU atlas to identify the tracts with significant fixels?

Here are my results display with streamlines.

Apology for my stupid question, but this really bordered me for a long time.

BW,
Yuting

1 Like

Hello @hyting ,
I hope you are doing great. I don’t know how much this will help. If you have a p-value map, you can binarize it and subtract your label image. Then, it will only leave you with labels inside the binarized p-value mask. That might be your significant tracts only.

Many Thanks,
Suren

Hi, Suren

It sounds like a workable plan. But I’m confused about how can this achieve. could you please make it more specific?

Best wishes,
Yuting

Hi @hyting ,
It might be like this:

1. First mask p-value map.
  2. Then, mask out the label image, leaving you with significant areas only.

There may be better ways to do though.

Many Thanks,
Suren

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, I’ll try it.

1 Like