Question about dev branch of MRtrix3

Hello guys. I am trying to do the internship project but got stuck. In ENH dwi2mask (dev): SynthStrip · Issue #2500 · MRtrix3/mrtrix3 · GitHub, how do I know if the dev branch of MRtrix3 is installed ? I installed MRtrix3 on MSL following the documentation but did not find anything related to the dev branch.

Hi @Ruobing-Chen,

The process for installing from the dev branch is essentially identical to building from source. The only difference is that you need to fetch the dev branch before the ./configure & ./build stages, using the git checkout command.

For instance, assuming you have all the required dependencies installed, but haven’t cloned the repo yet (skip the first command if you have), then this should do it:

git clone https://github.com/MRtrix3/mrtrix3.git
cd mrtrix3
git checkout dev # <== switch over to the dev branch
git pull         # <== make sure that branch is up to date with remote
./configure
./build

Hope this helps,
Donald.

Hello @jdtournier, thanks for your helping!

Hi Donald,
Is it still the same, there is not ./configure and I had to use different compilers for latest dev branch.
It worked pretty well with debian / ubuntu but I failed so far on CentOS 7
I had to skip mrview compilation and I finally succeed with complilation with no errors. But when I tried to run e.g. tensor2metrics --help I got:
" error while loading shared libraries: libmrtrix-headless.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
All the best in new year.

The dev branch now uses CMake instead of our previous custom build script. What you described sounds like an rpath issue to me. Could you please open a new issue posting the exact configuration and build commands you’ve used? We might have to tune our new build scripts to account for how different platforms handle linkage to shared libraries.

Issue solved

I have used cmake --install build it didn’t copy all necessary files.

cmake -B build -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/mrtrix3dev -DMRTRIX_BUILD_GUI=OFF
cmake -DMRTRIX_BUILD_GUI=OFF --build build
cmake --install build

When I have copied bin/, lib/ and share/ and scr/ folders it’s running fine :slight_smile:

1 Like